“These very high standards are due to the very good quality of teaching in the school, the well-planned and broad curriculum, and the excellent leadership and management, which help to create the very effective learning ethos evident in all year groups.” OFSTED April 2003
- To provide a balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum.
- To develop a lively and enquiring mind, encouraging them to acquire knowledge, skills and practical abilities and the will to use them.
- To stimulate and develop their use of language and number to enable each child to communicate effectively in the world of work.
- To develop the children’s natural curiosity about the world around them through science and technology.
- To develop qualities of mind, body, spirit, feeling, imagination, artistic impression and aesthetic sensitivity.
- To achieve good health and physical development through physical education.
- To encourage them to actively participate in one or more of the extra-curricular activities so they will have the opportunity to develop their talents, a positive self-image and to enable them to work collaboratively with their peers.
- To develop and maintain high standards of behaviour, dress, courtesy and self-control.
- To provide a caring community, where every child feels appreciated and from which the child receives understanding, help and advice.
- To develop a sense of pride and ownership in their school.
We seek to develop skills, attitudes and techniques which will enable our children to develop independence and responsibility in the learning situation. To assist with these goals, the staff and children have developed codes of behaviour – a copy of which is available for inspection from the office upon request.